Asian Digital Story Writing Competition
There will be at least 10 award winners in each group. The awards include Champion, First runner-up, Second runner-up, and Merit awards (7 winners).
Prizes & Gifts:
1. More than 100 eBooks
2. Digital certificate
4. Award-winning eBooks will be uploaded to a popular online reading platform accessible by nearly 10,000 students and an account will be given to winners
5. Award winners may be invited to become a real author by publishing their own book with a publisher!
1. Foster children’s digital literacy (information, ICT and media literacies)
2. Facilitate children from reading to writing (English and the child’s native language)
3. Enable children to be global citizens
Details of Competition:
Seven Free Workshops:
Dec 15, Tue, 4-5 pm - How to write a creative story? Why are we promoting the theme “AI, Robots, Love & Peace” in this competition?
Dec 18, Fri, 4-5 pm - How to create a digital story?
Dec 22, Tue, 4-5 pm - AI / Artificial Intelligence (What is it? How to write a story about this?)
Dec 29, Tue, 4-5 pm - Robots (What are their present and future roles in our society? How to write fiction or non-fiction about it?)
Jan 7, Thu, 4-5 pm - Creating questions I (critique students’ work & introduce the art of questions creation)
Jan 11, Mon, 4:30-5:30 pm - Creating questions II & parent workshop (We’ll offer comments on the questions created by students and discuss the parents’ role in their children story creation)
Jan 18, Mon, 4-5 pm - Translate the story from the native language into English
Competition Date and Time:
Feb 18, 2021 (Thu), 4-6:30 pm (HK Time) via zoom
Parents will be invited to join as judges
Competition results will be announced and the award ceremony will be held on the same day.
The Asian Digital Story Writing Competition was successfully held on Feb 18, 2020. The creativity and talent of the participants impressed all judges and volunteers in the joyful afternoon.
Winners of the Asian Digital Story Writing Competition
I. Lower Primary Group:
Hung Po Yee (The Salvation Army Tin Ka Ping School)
Wong Silas Maximilian (Yaumati Catholic Primary School (Hoi Wang Road))
Tse Tin Yui (St. Paul's College Primary School)
Kong Wan Yan (ST. Bonaventure Catholic Primary School)
1. Li Yi Elly (Lam Tin Methodist Primary School)
2. Siu Elva (King's College Old Boys' Association Primary School No.2)
II. Upper Primary Group:
Leung Ka Yin (King's College Old Boys Association Primary School No.2)
Wong Lok Hin Winston (Baptist (Sha Tin Wai) Lui Ming Choi Primary School)
Wong Pak Yu (The Salvation Army Tin Ka Ping School)
1. Chung Ka Hei (Lok Sin Tong Leung Kau Kui Primary School)
2. Cheung Sum Yue (G.T. (Ellen Yeung) College)
3. Wong Sin Tung ((St. Francis' Canossian School)
4. Ho Yu Fei (S.K.H. Yan Laap Primary School)
5. Ng Athena (G.T. (Ellen Yeung) College)
6. Wu Lok Lam Trinity (St. Francis' Canossian School)
7. Mok Hoi Ching (HKECA Wu Si Chong Memorial School)
Academy 22 Education for All Foundation
- Lions Club of Mount Davis Centennial
Junior primary group (Age: 5-8)
Senior primary group (Age: 9-12)
Participation is FREE
We have successfully conducted briefing sessions on Jan 27, Jan 29, and Feb 3, 2021. Over 40 experts joined the events as judges and volunteers. Over 480 registrants from over 12 Countries/Regions, including China, Japan, India, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, and Macao have joined the Asian Event.